ESG Report

Allegro + Mall Group + WE|DO

In November 2021, Allegro announced it had agreed to acquire Mall Group a.s., a leading e-commerce platform across Central and Eastern Europe, and WE|DO CZ s.r.o, a last mile delivery expert, bringing logistics expertise. Mall Group is one of the biggest e-commerce groups in Central and Eastern Europe. Thanks to the integration with Allegro, 70 million potential customers across the region will have access to the widest selection of offers at the best prices, as well as maximum online shopping convenience. The process of Acquisition of Mall Group and WE|DO by Allegro was completed in April 2022.

allegro_mall allegro_mall

The merger expands the joint platform’s presence in Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, and Croatia, nearly doubling its addressable market in countries with highly attractive fundamentals and growth potential.

It brings a range of established regional brands – including Mall, WE|DO, mimovrste, CZC.cz, and of course Allegro, Ceneo, or eBilet – under one roof, while also uniting a 7,150-strong international talent pool focused on e-commerce innovation.

The platforms and businesses will be gradually uniting, while the implementation of strategic client-facing solutions across the group will start immediately. Overall, the merger will widen revenue streams by leveraging on the companies’ functionalities, guided by the ambition to be the preferred online shopping destination across the group’s geographical footprint.

The Allegro Group paid a total of 881 million euro (approx. PLN 4.1 billion) to purchase 100% of shares in each of Mall Group and WE|DO. The amount was comprised of the following transactions:

  • Mall Group was acquired for 867 million euro, with 53% of the amount financed with cash and new debt, totalling 459.5 million euro (approx. PLN 2,137.0 million), and the remaining 47%, or 407.5 million euro (PLN 1,883.7 million), was settled by issuing 33.6 million shares in Allegro.eu, valued at PLN 55.98 apiece (approx. 12.11 euro per share).
  • Allegro.pl purchased WE|DO for 14 million euro (approx. PLN 65.1 million) paid in cash.

Values in PLN according to PLN/EUR exchange rate as of March 30, 2022 or as of signing the contract.

Search results