According the Climate Policy, we will use so-called high-quality offsets to address emissions that cannot be eliminated, based on UN Global Compact and UN guidelines. The Policy also defines the issues of environmental impact monitoring and management. Our Group implemented annual GHG emissions monitoring through calculating the carbon footprint according to the GHG Protocol, based on international reporting standards. We also committed to regularly mapping climate and environmental risks and opportunities and time horizons according to TCFD recommendations.
In March 2022, we adopted the Climate Policy. Under this policy, we commit to maximize renewable energy use, reduce the carbon footprint in our operations and work with our business partners to reduce emissions across the value chain.
Under the Climate Policy, we are engaged in activities and initiatives:
- to reduce Allegro.eu’s emissions and energy consumption
- to reduce emissions related to shipping Allegro.eu orders
- to develop low-carbon logistics centres for businesses selling on the Allegro platform
- to introduce a circular economy model, including certified 100% recycled packaging and reusable packaging
- to offer climate education to stakeholders, including customers and the public, in particular education and improvement of climate and environmental competence of the Group’s employees.